With so many events coming up in regional NSW or just south of the border, it’s a great time to head out into the Autumn-coloured landscape and explore the incredible range of entertainment on offer.
The Hunter Valley Steamfest will be showcasing hundreds of classic cars, and steam powered machines, while The National Folk Festival will gather hundreds of live acts over five days in Canberra. For those looking to explore the wonders of Australian music set in the outback, then White Cliffs Music Festival will be a weekend to remember.
Hunter Valley Steamfest
Featuring a vast array of antique machinery from all over Australia including traction and portable engines, the Hunter Valley Steamfest will be a weekend to remember for both young and old. As part of the event, Show ‘N’ Shine will feature over 400 cars ranging from Hot Rods to Muscle and eclectic vintage examples from last century.
Trains enthusiasts will be treated to the Locomotive 3526 and 3265 as well as a Red Rattler and Tin Hare, with a miniature train ride for the kids running throughout the day.
The day will also feature entertainment such as chainsaw wood carving a ‘Steampunk’ costume workshop and a portable Steam engine display. With over a hundred stalls offering food and crafts, there’s something for everyone.
- Where: Maitland Station, Central Maitland.
- Getting there: For travel info showing additional trains and services click this link
- Cost:Pricing varies depending on group and packages. See website for details.
- Time: Saturday 13 and Sunday 14 April, 2019
- More info: https://www.steamfest.com.au/
National Folk Festival
Just across the border and taking place over the Easter Break is The National Folk Festival, the ultimate celebration of all things folk. With 20 venues ranging from large to intimate, hosting over 750 performances, you’ll be treated to a range of knee tapping performances throughout the weekend. This event features musical styles and genres as diverse as acoustic, bluegrass, roots, blues, Celtic, country, world and gypsy. There will also be designated camping areas, if you’d like to stay on site.
View this post on Instagram
Are you ready to #FindYourFolk at The National?🎪 There is never any shortage of fun to be had and we can’t wait to share #5DaysInAPerfectWorld with you! Dress up in your funkiest outfits and experience it for yourself. Link in bio👆 ˙ 💥COMPETITION REMINDER💥 Don't want to miss out? Try your luck in our competition to win 2 x Sunday/Monday passes to #NationalFolkFestivalCanberra, including accommodation! Details in Saturday’s post. Only 2 days left to enter!
- Where: Exhibition Park, Canberra.
- Getting there: Head to info to book Trainlink services.
- Cost:Pricing varies depending on camping and day pass or package tickets. See website for details.
- Time: 18 – 22 April 2019
- More info:https://www.folkfestival.org.au/
White Cliffs Music Festival
Located at White Cliffs in the far West of NSW, and celebrating its 10 year anniversary the White Cliffs festival is a must for musicians, artists, and anyone who loves good music. With a range of workshops, and incredible performances, as well as art on display, you’ll come away feeling inspired. It serves as an incredible showcase of Australian music with performances from Euripi, Nick Charles, Elvis AKA Royden Donohue, Chris Newman, The Jam Tarts, Pete Denehy and The Davidson Brothers. Experience the Australian outback with open fires and fantastic music, in an unforgettable weekend.
- Where: White Cliffs, NSW
- Getting there: Click here for travel info and NSW TrainLink bookings.
- Cost:Pricing varies depending on single concerts or packages. See website for details.
- Hours: 17th -19th May 2019. Hours vary on each day. Click here for more detail.
- More info: whitecliffsmusicfestival.com.au
Plan your next trip